October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month — a time to remember friends and family members who have battled the disease and also to consider how you can protect yourself.
We, CATS-NET join the battle against this disease by using this platform to raise awareness about Breast Cancer. We are hoping that this article will not just be informative and educative but it will also touch and serve a life, a sister, a friend, a daughter or a wife from breast cancer.
This article is sourced from different researches and articles online which CATS-NET is not claiming ownership or copy right of.
We bring to you some important facts you may not have known about this disease so you’re better prepared to detect, prevent and fight it:
1. Secondhand smoke may increase your risk: Women who are regularly exposed to secondhand smoke has a three times higher risk of developing breast cancer than those who avoided castoff smoke.
2. Your food may provide cancer-zapping ingredients: Food can be to cancer what gas is to fire or a protective wall against. Bad eating habits increase the risk of being exposed to breast cancer.
3. Genetic Clues: When looking for genetic clues, both sides of the family counts.
4. Your friends may be as powerful as anticancer drugs in the fight against breast cancer: An active social life is not only good for your general health, but keeping up with your girlfriends may also reduce your risk of developing breast cancer. Stress and anxiety caused by social isolation may have the power to increase the growth of tumors in the breasts.
5. Every 13 minutes, a woman dies of breast cancer
6. Early detection and treatment equates to a 96 percent survival rate, in most cases: As discouraging as the news about breast cancer is, experts are quick to point out that early detection and treatment are key to improving your chances of beating the disease.
7. Found a lump? See your doc, but don’t fret—80 percent of lumps are benign: Experts say that more than 80 percent of breast lumps turn out to be noncancerous and often harmless.
8. Fish oil may help you reduce your risk: The omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil may help combat breast cancer, particularly invasive ductal breast cancer—the most common form of the disease.
This may not be all you need to know about Breast Cancer, but it will surely add on your knowledge about it. This October make it your mission to understand and take precaution about the disease and also to impacts your knowledge about the disease to your loved once.